It’s MedArt Mentor Monday! Every week, Peg Gerrity shares fantastic tips, advice and helpful information for illustrators at any stage in their careers. Peg has over 30 years of experience as a successful Certified Medical Illustrator.
“How do you keep your commercial and medical videos in front of clients? Here’s advice from the award-winning animation team of scientific storytellers at Microverse Studios. Their TOP FIVE LIST of WAYS to GET EYES on YOUR ANIMATION:
1. Post It to Make the Most of It – Once you’ve registered the copyright, post it everywhere, and encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to share your post as well.
2. Now SCREENING… If you’re consulting over Zoom or engaging in a presentation, have your muted animations playing visibly somewhere in the background.
3. Embrace the QR Code – Add your custom QR Code to all your marketing pieces and to as much of your finished work as possible.
4. Enter the LIVESTREAM – According to Microverse, “nothing beats the engagement of livestreaming,…so set your date, invite your network, and put your animation to work.”
5. Don’t Forget the IRL – Show your animation IN REAL LIFE, whether it’s at an event like SXSW or SIGGRAPH, meet producers and art directors, and ask them about their work. Networking is still the most authentic way to build your client base. This is especially important for Medical Legal Animators who attend Trial Lawyer Association Meetings. We’ll talk more about that next week when we discuss Marketing for Medical-Legal Illustration. See you then! “
View the previous MedArt Mentor Mondays:
Feb. 27th, 2023 – 01. “How to Grow Your Client Base: Marketing Your Freelance Illustration Business”
Mar. 6th, 2023 – 02. “Target Audience”
Mar. 13th, 2023 – 03. “Marketing Your Brand”
Mar. 20th, 2023 – 04. “Targeting Art Directors with Your Branding”
Mar. 27th, 2023 – 05. “Your Website Marketing & Key Words”
Apr. 3rd, 2023 – 06. “Website Branding”
Apr. 10th, 2023 – 07. “Marketing with Animation & Motion Graphics”
As a Certified Medical Illustrator, Peg Gerrity has over 30 years of experience creating custom digital illustrations and animations for the healthcare, publishing, and pharmaceutical industries. She also creates traditional watercolor paintings while serving as Artist in Residence for various research, cultural, and conservation projects, and lease the rights to those images as needed.